Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by SweetPacks suddenly appeared in your programs section, will not allow you to uninstall it? Having trouble to remove Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by SweetPacks that keeps redirecting your homepage and search engine to Start.sweetpacks.com? If you are one of the victims who are still experiencing difficult time to remove Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by SweetPacks virus, learn the manual removal guide on this post and you can get rid of SweetPacks malware within several steps.
What is Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks
Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks is a new version of the nasty Sweetpacks malware which hijacks people’s browser and show annoying sponsored ads on their webpage. According to research, the spam email, free download software or media files, and codes on malicious websites contain porn contents are the main channels used by virus maker to spread Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks malware.
Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks mainly targets on all versions of Internet Explorer (IE 8, IE 9, IE 10 and IE 11), once it compromised your system, Sweetpacks malware injects code into your Internet Explorer to activate Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks. Later on, your homepage will be set as Start.sweetpacks.com, and your search engine will be replaced with Start.sweetpacks.com as well.Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks is equipped with codes that help it reinstall Sweetpacks toolbar on your browser repeatedly, thus no matter how many times you remove the Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks, it will keeps showing up on your “add/remove programs” list.
Due to the tricky properties of this Sweetpacks, lots of PC users are experiencing a hard time to uninstall the malicious Sweetpacks add-on:
“Did all suggestings by malware tips to remove sweetpacks and all seemed fine. However, under add/remove programs Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks is listed.When I tried to uninstall it re-installed itself. It blcoks acces to tool/ie options so not able to reset internet explorer. Did a system restore and all is fine but it is still listed in the add/remove programs.Also ran ccleaner, malwarebytes, spybot, wise registry cleaner, and nothing helps.”
“I have this Internet Exployer toolbar 4.9 by sweetpacks show up in my programs but when I go to uninstall it tells me that the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.”
Currently, manual removal solution is the best and most effective way to uninstall Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks. If you are still in the dark, get started to manually remove this Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks virus by completing all the steps shown below. Take action!
Friendly Tips: If you do not have enough experience, PC knowledge and skills on manually handling a virus, it will be risky for you to complete the removal process. To avoid mistakes that may disable your computer, you are recommended to get help from Professional Online PC Experts:
Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks Cannot Be Removed by Antispyware?
Rare chance. Currently, most of Antivirus or Antispyware are unable to remove tricky virus like Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks, since virus is created every second, and the technology to make a malware becomes more and more advanced, thus not all the antivirus can keep up with speed of virus making.
Besides, virus makers are familiar the security rules and methods that a antivirus uses, therefore they can create some virus like Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks with codes able to bypass antivirus detection and removal.
Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks is belong to one of the most stubborn virus, it can deeply root in your system without restriction from your firewall or antispyware. To get rid of such a kind of tricky virus, manual removal is the most effective way. If you are experiencing a hard time on removing Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks, complete all stets below and you will get your healthy PC back.
More Problems Will Occur if You Do Not Remove Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks
- Sluggish Performance – Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks strikingly slow down your system speed;
- Slow Launch – It takes a long time to complete system launching due to the startups added by Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks;
- System Freezing / Crashing – Your computer encounter more system crash since Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks damage your important system files;
- Programs cannot be run – Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks disables many of your system programs;
- Lost of files – Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks hidden or delete your files like MS Office documents, videos, images and music;
- System Errors – Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks adds, changes or replaces Keys and Values on your Registry, triggering various system errors;
- Unwanted ads, popup and website – Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks harasses you with annoying ads and displays page you haven’t requested;
- Malfunction of Antivirus or Firewall – Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks makes your firewall and antivirus software disabled;
- Installation of Malware – Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks installs malicious programs without your permission.
Uninstall Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks Manually
Step1: Stop unnecessary programs from your startups on this path: MicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsStartup
Step2: Stop Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks processes in the Windows Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together
Step3: Shown all the hidden files:
- Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
- Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
- Click on the Control Panel menu option.
- When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
- Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
Step4:Erase Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks Virus associated files
%AllUsersProfile%Application Data~r %AllUsersProfile%Application Data.dll %AllUsersProfile%Application Data.exe %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarpreferences.dat %UserProfile%Application Data[random digits][random digits].cfg %UserProfile%Application Data[random digits][random digits].exe %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarstat.log
Step5: Set Your DNS as Google’s public DNS (18.104.22.168):
Step6: Terminate these Registry Entries created by Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerAdvanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0′ HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionRun HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternetSettings “CertificateRevocation”=0 HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuardCLSID HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerDownload “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’ HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’ HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInstallerProductsrandom
Video Guide on Removing Registry Entries of Virus Similar to Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks
Important Note: Manual removal is risky if you have never coped with virus like Internet Explorer Toolbar 4.9 by Sweetpacks . You have to assure that you have matched PC knowledge and skills before you do anything on the infected system. If you are not experienced enough on manually removing a virus, please get Professional PC Support to help you.