File Scout is installed on your system without your awareness and keep giving message when you tried to open program via “Open With…”? Softango (File Scout))prompts automatically whenever you tried to access any file? Unable to remove Softango / File Scout since it is not listed in the “Add/Remove Program…”? After reading this post , you can get a best method to uninstall Softango / Filescout.exe (File Scout) completely.
What is Filescout.exe (File Scout)
Filescout.exe (File Scout) is a suspicious software recently complained by PC users very often. From the PC forums, we find that File Scout has become a nuisance to lots of PC users. Most of users did not know where was the File Scout from and what it is, since they never installed the program before, it just suddenly arose on their PC. File Scout usually keeps opening window to prompt the users with message like “What the file is” or “How to use it”, whenever you try to open your files. On your shell menu, you will also get a option like “Show how to open this file”, and when you click the option, you will brought to a webpage of Sotfango (http://www.softango.com/extensions/exe?source=fs&cid=3966).
This File Scout malware takes over the inbuilt windows utility that tries to help you find a program to run the unknown file, it will access almost all types of your files, so your personal data on those files may even be collected and exposed to unknown third party. Besides, Filescout.exe (File Scout) has relationship with malware like Trojan.PUP.Optional.FileScout.A, a risky infection that degragdes your system performance and cause various PC problems.
To secure your PC and protect you files, it’s highly recommended to get rid of the File Scout malware as soon as possible. So far, most of Filescout.exe victims are not able to remove Sotfango (File Scout)completely, since it cannot be found on Control Panel and detected by antispyware.
When handling a malware that antivirus cannot kill, manual solution will be the best way. Please complete all steps below and manually remove Filescout.exe (File Scout) manually and completely. To users without enough PC knowledge and skills, it will be a little bit difficult and risky to handle the manual removal process, so if you cannot grasp the method 100%, please feel free to let with MiTechMate online PC Expert assist you:
More Problems May Be Triggered by File Scout
- Sluggish Performance – File Scout strikingly slow down your system speed;
- Slow Launch – It takes a long time to complete system launching due to the startups added by File Scout;
- System Freezing / Crashing – Your computer encounter more system crash since File Scout damage your important system files;
- Programs cannot be run – File Scout disables many of your system programs;
- Lost of files – File Scout hidden or delete your files like MS Office documents, videos, images and music;
- System Errors – File Scout adds, changes or replaces Keys and Values on your Registry, triggering various system errors;
- Unwanted ads, popup and website – File Scout harasses you with annoying ads and displays page you haven’t requested;
- Malfunction of Antivirus or Firewall – File Scout makes your firewall and antivirus software disabled;
- Installation of Malware – File Scout installs malicious programs without your permission.
Manually remove Get Rid of Filescout.exe (File Scout) now
Sep1:Backup your importance files with your USB flash drive or external hard drive before you deleting anything.
Step2: Stop Filescout.exe (File Scout) processes in the Windows Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together
Filescout.exe / random.exe
Step3: Shown all the hidden files:
- Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
- Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
- Click on the Control Panel menu option.
- When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
- Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
Step4:Erase Filescout.exe (File Scout) Virus associated files
%AppData%[trojan name]toolbarpreferences.dat %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe %UserProfile%\Desktop\ File Scout.lnk %UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ File Scout \Uninstall Softango.lnk %UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].cfg %UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].exe %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarstat.log
Step5: Terminate these Registry Entries created by Filescout.exe (File Scout).
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREClasses[trojan name]IEHelper.DNSGuardCLSID HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = ’0′ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = ’0′ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = ’1′ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\random
Video Guide about How to Remove Registry Entries of Adware
Important Note: Manual removal is risky if you have never coped with virus like Filescout.exe (File Scout) . You have to assure that you have matched PC knowledge and skills before you do anything on the infected system. If you are not experienced enough on manually removing a virus, please get Professional PC Support to help you.