search.ominent.com (Ominent Search) is labeled as a browser hijacker which is blamed for the replacement of homepage on search engine. Mostly, users are not aware of its coming until the start page has been changed and taken up by this hijacker. As it is a pesky stuff has the capability to modify browser settings that any change it causes on your computer will be needless for user’s permission.
Take a look at search.ominent.com
In what way can search.ominent.com be removed thoroughly?
Nowadays, a variety of antivirus software can be downloaded from the Internet for the intention of computer protection. But the key point is that search.ominent.com is not so simple a virus as the common infections to be removed by general security tools. It keeps mutating in fast speed on system that makes antivirus programs difficult to keep trace with the new version of infected files. However, manual removal can be regarded as quite effective a way to locate all the infected files and clean them up once for all. If you know a lot about computer, the instructions below will do you a favor to kick search.ominent.com off from your PC.
Detailed instructions to remove search.ominent.com completely
Step one: Press “CTRL + Shift + ESC” to open Task Manager, search for search.ominent.com processes and stop them.
Step two: Click on the “Start” menu, Search and delete these files created by search.ominent.com on the “Search programs and files” box:
%CommonAppData%\ %LocalAppData%\ %LocalAppData%\.exe %Temp%\
Step three: Click “Start” Menu and type “Regedit” into the search box and click “OK” to proceed. When Registry Editor is open, search and delete the related registry keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "SD2014" = "%AppData%\\.exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor "AutoRun" = "\.exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run ".exe" = "\.exe" HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe "(Default)" = ''
Step four: plug-ins, toolbars and add-ons added by search.ominent.com should be cleaned up completely
Click the small search magnify glass near the search box (not url/search field), select “Manage Search Engines…”. Click and remove search.ominent.com search engines from the list.
Review the symptoms about search.ominent.com
- search.ominent.com is very tricky and stubborn redirect virus
- search.ominent.com slips into computer furtively without user’s consent
- search.ominent.com can be hardly removed by security programs
- search.ominent.com adds browser with extension, add-on and plug-in to redirect search results constantly
- search.ominent.com is able to take note of your visiting websites and annoy you with advertisements
- search.ominent.com can also take you to malicious websites and bring computer with harmful programs
Tips to prevent search.ominent.com from coming back again:
1) Don’t forget to update your antivirus to the latest version regularly
2) Start system scan once per week to make sure for the security to system files
3) Download files and programs from official website
4) Keep away from suspicious links, spam email and porn websites
Note: Manual removal help is an effective way to get search.ominent.com removed completely for those who have sufficient computer knowledge. However, if you are not so familiar with computer operation, any mistake will mess up system settings and crash down your PC. To make your computer for sure, it is suggested to start a live chat with expert and get professional help here.