Pup.optional.babylon.a Virus Overview
Pup.optional.babylon.a is a detection referred to baby search toolbar infection. It may be reported together with PUP.Optional.Conduit.A and PUP.Optional.Tarma.A. If your Malwarebytes security tool has reported PUP.Optional.babylon.A warning, that means your computer gets infected with nasty search engine virus named babylon. PUP.Optional.babylon.A is a tricky browser hijacker virus that mainly attacks the browsers like Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. It is not a new detection and PUP.Optional.babylon.A virus may keep redirecting you to the domain with www.search.babylon.com. besides, more random pop-ups come a long with it that leads to system crashes. Computer users want to get rid of PUP.Optional.babylon.A not because it is annoying, it is very malicious and attempts to help promote cyber crooks. Normally, PUP.Optional.babylon.A is used by hackers that may make chaos without your knowledge. Besides, it comes bounded with the third parties which are able to track your browsing histories and habit by offering cookies. It is a pesky redirect virus that may steal your personal banking information. However, no security tool can work effectively delete this pup virus. It is good to consider a manual solution and you should get rid of PUP.Optional.babylon.A virus as soon as possible. PUP.Optional.babylon.A virus can easily be picked up when you are using computer unsafely. The common ways for virus to get inside
- Unsafe downloads of free software, mucic, video, fictions, games
- Corrupted child porn sites
- Fake adobe flash update
- Open email attachment
- Hack domains providing free sharing sites
- Other Trojans
Why antivirus like Malwarebytes cannot remove PUP.Optional.babylon.A?
PUP.Optional.babylon.A is released from PUP family which keep themselves from being removed by adding new java codes on the browsers. And it hides deep to replacing system key registries. Besides, PUP.Optional.babylon.A allows hackers’ remote control to help execute its associated files. This is why it can stays away from any useful detections.
Similar Video Guide to Help Step by Step
How to Manually Get rid of PUP.Optional.babylon.A virus?
Step 1 – Uninstall babylon toolbar from Add&Remove List
1) Click the “start” button on the lower left corner of your desktop
2) Double click the button “Control Panel” to process
3) Highlight “Add / Remove Program” icon from Ctrol Panel
4)Select the babylon icon in the list,
5)Click”Remove” icon to uninstall babylon
6) Press OK to apply the changes.
7)Reboot your computer to make sure it works
Step 2 – Remove all add-ons from Google Chrome, IE or Firefox ( take IE as an example)
- Open IE and go to ‘Tools‘ → ”Manage Add-ons’.
- Choose ‘Toolbars and Extensions’ and uninstall everything related to from the list.
- Choose ‘Search Providers’ → choose the search engine you used before and make it your default search provider. Additionally, select ‘Web Search’, click ‘Disable suggestions’ to disable it.
- Go ‘Tools’ → ‘Internet Options’ and select ‘General’ tab. Click ‘Use default’ or enter your own website name, google.com or other. Finally, click ‘OK’ to save the changes.
Step 3 – Search and delete these random files
%systemroot%system32configsystemprofileAppDataLocal*.* %systemroot%system32configsystemprofileAppDataRoaming*.* %windir%SysWOW64configsystemprofileAppDataLocal*.* %windir%SysWOW64configsystemprofileAppDataRoaming*.*
Step 4 – Delete these registries
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEsoftwaremicrosoftwindowscurrentversionpoliciessystem] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEsoftwarewow6432nodemicrosoftwindows ntcurrentversionwindows] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSafeBootMinimalMsMpSvc] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlSafeBootMinimalWudfSvc] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINEsoftwaremicrosoftsecurity centerMonitoringSophosAntiVirus] HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREWow6432NodeMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionSvchost - NetSvcs
Step 5 – Restore your default homepage and search engine
PUP.Optional.babylon.A Virus Screen Shortcut:
More damages PUP.Optional.babylon.A may create
- PUP.Optional.babylon.A changes system default setting by adding or deleting the drive associated files and registries, which would lead to system crash
- PUP.Optional.babylon.A redirect your homepage and automatically comes along with browser extension
- PUP.Optional.babylon.A slows down the PC performance and shuts down the firewall even the anti-spyware programs.
- PUP.Optional.babylon.A virus infects system files and registries by installing more threats like Trojans, worms and other malwares.
- PUP.Optional.babylon.A insists in displaying unstoptable ads pop-ups and you need to deal with all kinds of unwanted adverting sites.
- PUP.Optional.babylon.A put the computer into poor condition and creates new desktop images and unknown shortcuts without your permission.
Please note: You are advised to think twice for each removal steps because the fils are random, which means you need to analyze the associated files if any changes raised by the PUP.Optional.babylon.A virus. If you are not so good at manual removal, you can Get Instant Help from MiTechMate Online PC Lab Here.