Have problem with cloud-connect.net ? Don’t know how to block the pop-up?
cloud-connect.net (sometimes known as http://www.cloud-connect.net/, www.cloud-connect.net)is identified as a malicious browser hijacker virus that causes trouble on your browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Safari. Once gets inside, you can easily realize how Delicious it is. With changing the browsers and DNS setting, cloud-connect.net can easily redirect your homepage, provide a series of unwanted ads/add-ons/plugin/contention, and allow malicious online attack. How does cloud-connect.net get inside without your knowledge? cloud-connect.net can be simply picked up on suspicious websites, unsafe downloads, corrupted forum and spam email attachment. Usually cloud-connect.net would redirect you to the random sites which may contain Trojan, key logger, malware and spyware. It is a commercial platform to promote cyber crimes, which computer users need to aware of it. As a destructive redirect malware, cloud-connect.net would grab your browsing history in order to monitor your sensitive information for illegal activities. You are advised to get rid of cloud-connect.net immediately before it crashes the computer.
Common Symptoms of cloud-connect.net infection:
- cloud-connect.net appears in a form of tab extension when the browsers is open
- You keep being redirected to the site with http://cloud-connect.net URL
- Homepage/startpage is replaced by cloud-connect.netUsually it opens alone with a new tab
- It slows down PC performance
- It freezs the computer screen frequntely
- Browsers may crash again and again
- A lot of unwanted icons have been created on the desktop
- The desktop bankground has been changed without your permission
- The computer is irriated by numerous pop-up as
What should be done to completely get rid of cloud-connect.net virus?
cloud-connect.net virus has the ability to modify system default registriy because it allows the access of hackers who can eaily handle the procedure. It steals your privacy and exploit the financial informaiton wihout your approval. Besides, the virus is dropping other computer threats to cause greater attack. However, the system antivirus is not able to effectivaly take down this malware. Therefore, cloud-connect.net must be removed with manual solution.
Step 1 – Reboot your computer and get into Safe Mode with Networking
Restart your computer> keep tapping F8 untill you see advanced boot option> select Safe Mode with Networking> hit Enter button to access
Step 2- Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
8. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
9. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
Step 3 – Locate and delete these associated files
%AppData%[trojan name]toolbarpreferences.dat %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarstat.log %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarstats.dat
Step 4 – Uninstall cloud-connect.net from Add&Remove List
1) Click the “start” button on the lower left corner of your desktop
2) Double click the button “Control Panel” to process
3) Highlight “Add / Remove Program” icon from Ctrol Panel
4)Select the cloud-connect.net icon in the list,
5)Click”Remove” icon to uninstall cloud-connect.net
6) Press OK to apply the changes.
7)Reboot your computer to make sure it works
Step 5 – Reset the browsers setting to normal mode ( take Firefox as an example)
- Start Firefox and type “about:confign” in the address bar and hit Enter
- Now type “keyword.URL” in the search box to find this entry, right click on it and select Modify
- Leave the parameter box empty or write something other than what is set.
- Next type “browser.search.defaultenginename” in the search box to find this entry and reset it to your favorite search engine.
- In the next step, type “browser.search.selectedEngine”in the search box and reset it to something other than what is set.
- The last thing you need to do is search for browser.newtab.url and modify it to about:newtab
- Now restart Firefox to complete the removal process.
Suggestion: None of antivirus software or anti-spyware program can remove this latest infection alone. Do you meet trouble when processing this removal procedure? Please Feel Free to Contact MiTechMate PC Support Center for More Details if any difficulties.