“Microsoft Security Essentials keeps picking up a Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W, telling me to restart the computer to complete clean, as soon as I reboot the computer the same virus appears as soon as I scan again. It either says the virus cannot be found or there is an error encountered while taking an action with it (e.g quarantine, remove, clean)”
Having a hard time to get rid of Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W virus from your PC? Don’t be upset, follow the manual removal steps below to delete Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W completely.
Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W is a severely nasty and stubborn Trojan Horse which has ability of hindering antivirus removal. Your PC will be infected by Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W virus when you access to junk email, spam email, free download software from unknown third party website, and vicious websites which has forbidden contents like porn and gambling. As soon as invading your PC, DOS/Rovnix.W deeply hides its files and codes into your Registry, so no matter how many times your antivirus software removes it, it can reborn after PC restart.
Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W not only damage your programs and system files, but also connects remote server to transfer more threats which will hijack your browser homepage, disable your firewall and antivirus program, degrade PC performance, install risky malware and steal your crucial information. To avoid further damage and problems, you need to get rid of Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W and its bundled infections without delay. If you PC is infected by Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W , please follow the detailed steps below to eliminate the virus manually. Should you have any problem during the process, please contact PC Online Expert to help you.
Why Does Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W Cannot Be Removed by Antispyware?
Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W is able to constantly change its codes and files’ name to bypass firewall and antispyware, and it will disguise as legit files by using the same name of your system files. Meanwhile, Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W puts its files into your Registry, then your antivirus has no enough authority to delete those files. Moreover, Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W adds codes on your startup section, then even though your antivirus removes it, it can reborn after you restart PC. In such tough situation, it’s best to apply manual solution to get rid of Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W malware.
More Problems Will Occur if You Do Not Remove Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W
- Lost of files – Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W hidden or delete your files like MS Office documents, videos, images and music;
- System Errors – Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W adds, changes or replaces Keys and Values on your Registry, triggering various system errors;
- Unwanted ads, popup and website – Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W harasses you with annoying ads and displays page you haven’t requested;
- Installation of Malware – Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W installs malicious programs without your permission.
- Slow Launch – It takes a long time to complete system launching due to the startups added by Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W;
- System Freezing / Crashing – Your computer encounter more system crash since Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W damage your important system files;
- Programs cannot be run – Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W disables many of your system programs;
Get Rid of Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W step by step now
(Please carefully read the notes before you start to remove any file :This guide is based on the first version of Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W, but this infection keeps adding its features and updating its codes, files and locations, thus you may not be able to find out all its related files listed above. It requires expert skills and experience to identify all the files of Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W infection, if you are not familiar with it, do not risk to delete any file by yourself, since you may disable your PC for deleting wrong files which are crucial for your system. This guide is just for reference, we do not promise it will work for all the victims of different PCs in varied situations and conditions. Any problem and consequence incurred by your mistake should be borne by yourself.)
Step1: Stop Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W processes in the Windows Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together
Step2: Show all hidden files to find out related files of Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W:
- Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
- Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
- Click on the Control Panel menu option.
- When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
- Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
Step3: Delete Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W Virus associated files
%UserProfile%Application Data[random digits][random digits].exe %AppData%[trojan name]toolbarstats.dat %AppData%[trojan name]toolbaruninstallIE.dat %UserProfile%DesktopSystem Tool.lnk
Step4: Terminate these Registry Entries created by Virus:DOS/Rovnix.W.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = ’1′ HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesAttachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionpoliciessystem “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1′ HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerDownload “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’ HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’ HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem “DisableTaskMgr” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInstallerProductsrandom HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareASProtect HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionImage File Execution Options[random].exe