All your browsers including IE, Firefox and Chrome are hijacked by Startpage.com? Tried everything you know but still can’t remove Startpage.com hijacker? Don’t be upset, follow the detailed guide below and you will be able to get rid of Startpage Search Engine virus completely.
Startpage.com – Browser Hijacker Removal
Startpage.com is an very tricky browser hijacker able to compromise web browsers including Internet Explorer, Firefox and Google Chrome. By making use freeware and spam email, Startpage Search Engine could install on your browsers without your permission. once it inserted codes on your PC, it modifies browser settings to set it as your unchangeable homepage. Later on, your Google Search or Bing Search will be replaced with Startpage Search Engine.
Meanwhile, Startpage.com redirects you to other malicious websites used by its sponsors who attempt to earn Internet traffic and promote products unethically. Ads pushed by adware bundled with Startpage virus will keeps opening ads windows every time you open a new page, attempting to lure you to purchase their products. For each purchase related to with the sponsor ads, virus maker of Startpage.com could earn commissions.
This is the typical way that virus makers use to earn money, so they research into advanced technology that could help the virus bypass firewall and antispyware. Similar to the notorious stubborn Sweetim Hijacker and Snap.do Redirect virus, Startpage.com hijacker is equipped with changeable codes, thus it will be difficult for your antivirus to catch this virus.
To handle this tough hijacker, we have to use manual solution to remove all codes and files of Startpage.com. To free your browsers from controlling of Startpage.com redirect, please follow the manual removal steps below to end the hijacker completely. If it is too difficult for you to complete the manual removal process, please contact MiTechMate Online Expert to help you:
Get Rid of Startpage.com redirect step by step now
Step1: Stop startpage.com redirect processes in the Windows Task Manager by Pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together
STEP2: Show all hidden files:
- Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
- Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
- Click on the Control Panel menu option.
- When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
- Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
- Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide extensions for known file types.
- Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
- Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
Step3: Erase Startpage.com redirect Virus associated files
%AppData%[trojan name]toolbarstats.dat %AllUsersProfile%Application Data %AllUsersProfile%Application Data.exe %AppData%[trojan name]toolbaruninstallIE.dat
Step4: Stop unnecessary programs from your startups on this path: MicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsStartup
Step5:: Set Your DNS as Google’s public DNS (126.96.36.199):
Step6: Terminate these Registry Entries created by Startpage.com redirect.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem “DisableTaskMgr” = 0 HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInstallerProductsrandom HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesAttachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1′ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionpoliciessystem “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1′ HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerDownload “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
Video Guide on Removing Registry Entries of Virus Similar to startpage.com
More Problems Will Occur if You Do Not Remove Startpage.com
- Sluggish Performance – STARTPAGE.COM strikingly slow down your system speed;
- Slow Launch – It takes a long time to complete system launching due to the startups added by startpage.com;
- System Freezing / Crashing – Your computer encounter more system crash since STARTPAGE.COM damage your important system files;
- Programs cannot be run – STARTPAGE.COM disables many of your system programs;
- Lost of files – STARTPAGE.COM hidden or delete your files like MS Office documents, videos, images and music;
- System Errors – STARTPAGE.COM adds, changes or replaces Keys and Values on your Registry, triggering various system errors;
- Unwanted ads, popup and website – STARTPAGE.COM harasses you with annoying ads and displays page you haven’t requested;
- Malfunction of Antivirus or Firewall – STARTPAGE.COM makes your firewall and antivirus software disabled;
- Installation of Malware – STARTPAGE.COM installs malicious programs without your permission.
Could I remove Startpage.com manually if am not good at computer? Is it risky?
If you are not a computer expert, it will be very risky to complete the Startpage.com manual removal process. You have to assure that you are equipped with expert-level knowledge and skills on PC before you do anything on the infected system. If you are not experienced enough on manually removing a virus, please get Professional PC Support to help you.